City of Hamilton Partners with CMI to Provide FREE Online Mentorship to Locals
In response to COVID-19, we have partnered with the City of Hamilton to provide FREE online mentorship sessions to their regional artists and managers.
To qualify for this opportunity, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Identify as an emerging artist (recording and releasing original music, have been playing live gigs)
or Identify as an emerging manager (working with at least one emerging artist client)
2. Reside in the City of Hamilton or, one of the surrounding municipalities
- Stoney Creek
Qualifying artists and managers will receive three 60-minute mentorship sessions with CMI’s team of mentors. The topic(s) of each meeting will be customized to the needs of the individual and focus on helping them to develop more sustainable careers in the music industry. The mentee will book dates and times for these sessions with Mentorly, CMI’s online meeting partner and host.
Potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Action Plans
- Business Structures & Models
- Conflict Resolution
- Digital Strategy and Social Media
- Finances and Accounting
- Gigs & Touring
- Goal Setting
- Grant Writing
- International Market Development
- Media Training
- Music Supervision and Sync Licensing
- Publicity Tools (Bios, One Sheets, EPKs, Press Releases)
- Rights & Royalties
- Strategic Planning
- Streaming & Radio Promotion
To apply for this opportunity, submit your application here.
Our team will review and be in touch shortly with next steps!