Toronto is getting a Summer of Free concerts! Play The Parks Returns.
Toronto’s parks will soon be filled with the sweet sounds of music, Play the Parks, the summertime series of free concerts is B A C K! We, in partnership with the Downtown Younge BIA are excited to bring this musical extravaganza to the city for everyone to enjoy. With a variety of genres and styles, there will be something for everyone. From jazz to pop, rock to classical, the series has it all covered. Venues for this year’s Play the Parks concerts include College Park, Trinity Square, McGill and Granby Parkettes, Market Garden Patio at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto, and Mackenzie House Museum. The weekly lunchtime and evening events will showcase a wide range of musical styles and genres by local Canadian artists. Some locations will also include farmer’s markets and bike clinics.
Presented by the Downtown Yonge BIA and TD Bank Group, and curated by Canada’s Music Incubator and Small World Music, artists featured in Play the Parks 2023 include:
· Sammy Jackson – JUNO Award Winner, Vocal Jazz Album of the Year 2021 for With You
· Ammoye – Reggae/R&B artist, 5-time JUNO Award Nominee
· Josh Bogert – Musician, singer/songwriter, and actor with over 7 million Spotify streams
· Jesse Ryan – JUNO Award Nominee, recipient of the Toronto Arts Foundation’s Emerging Jazz Artist Award
· Sydney Mae – Singer/songwriter whose song “Feet First” was recently featured on the Netflix show Love is Blind
· Paula Sofia – Guatemalan-born singer/songwriter now based in Toronto
· Honeypaw – Unusual Finnish-Lithuanian folk music from Ontario-based duo Jurgita Žvinklytė and Matti Palonen, who build and play “tree harps” made from hollow or dead trees
For the full Play the Parks schedule of artists, locations, dates, and times,
For regular updates, follow @downtownyonge and @CMIncubator.